Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Blades of Glory

Finally saw this movie today. I was a little underwhelmed by the underwhelming trailer and the reviews have been mostly positive but so so. Last week a local critic panned it but I found myself laughing at the things he described as not funny because I imagined Will Ferrell doing them.

Anyway, I can't remember laughing so hard at a movie since Old School.

Comedy is not a science. It isn't an intellectual exercise (ok, it can be). It is simply about making the audience laugh. To this day I don't understand the appeal of Adam Sandler in his broad comedies or Howard Stern in anything so I can't claim to have my finger on the funny bone of Americans, BUT this movie made me laugh consistently and loud.

Will Ferrell is simply the funniest guy working in movies and whatever they are paying him is a steal.

Add to Technorati Favorites